Skip to main content

Fishbowl Friday 070 // Glitterbomb

After a little bit of a cold spell brought a whole lot of rain, well, the end of this week was in dire need of some sparkles. This whole April showers thing is great and everything, but I'm ready for all the May flowers! So here's a little bit of a GLITTERBOMB to cap off the last Friday in April.

Flakey Glitterbomb Manicure

Fishbowl Friday Glitterbomb Nails

Ultrachrome Flaky Glitterbomb Nails

ILNP Kaleidoscope & Ferris Wheel Layering Manicure

SinfulShine True Kolor Layering Nails

Polishes Used:

1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler
2 Coats SinfulShine True Kolor
1 Coat Rainbow Honey Cosmic Microwave Sky
1 Coat ILNP Kaleidoscope
1 Coat ILNP Ferris Wheel
1 Coat Pahlish Gumdrop Rooftop
1 Coat I Love Nail Polish Kaleidoscope
1 Coat SinfulColors Clear Coat
1 Coat Seche Vite

Earlier this week, I finally ordered two polishes that I've been wanting for a while. They're both ultra chrome flakies from ILNP. Kaleidoscope is described as purple, magenta, green, gold, and turquoise flakies, while Ferris Wheel contains a mix of green, gold, blue, red, purple, and pink. Is it really any surprise that I had to layer them together?

But what color to layer them over? That's always a difficult choice. Especially for the first time. So, rather than choose something really dark or a light pastel, I went middle of the road with a nice bright blue. But not just any bright blue. True Kolor is a new SinfulShine polish, part of the King Kylie collection. If you missed out on Revlon Royal, this is definitely dupe-worthy. But it does still have that smell.

After two coats of True Kolor, I decided that I needed a little bit of glitter and shimmer for the background. Cosmic Microwave Sky was part of my March mystery bag from Rainbow Honey. It's a green leaning blue with all sorts of blue-green sparkles and my favorite, square glitter! That created a great base for the flakies to do their magic.

Originally, I had planned to only use Ferris Wheel and Kaleidoscope. Ferris Wheel leans a bit green, while Kaleidoscope is mainly magenta/purple. I felt like the layering needed a little more gold, so I added Gumdrop Rooftop from Pahlish. One more coat of Kaleidoscope and I was ready to seal it all off with SinfulColors clear and a coat of Seche Vite.

I really love how this layering turned out. Sometimes, you purchase a polish and it shows up and it's just not what you expected. Kaleidoscope and Ferris Wheel are definitely NOT those kinds of polishes! So, yeah. Safe to say I'll be wearing this for at least another day.

In other news, I fiiiiiinally managed to find a replacement for my Old Navy utility vest, so I'm pretty excited about that. This one has a hood, which is never a bad thing, at least in my book. Tomorrow we're taking Peanut shopping for purple sneakers, so wish us luck on that endeavor. I tried to scout some out today and came up empty-handed. Or should I say, footed? I'm not really sure what else I'm looking for tomorrow, but it's a wolfpack weekend, and in my book, those are the very best kinds of weekends. Hope you have a happy weekend too!

Seize the Sparkle's Fishbowl Friday





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SinfulColors Mauve On Seriotype

Whether you call it a seriotype or smooshy... (I prefer seriotype) there is just something about this style of manicure that I can't get enough of.  Polishes Used:  1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Out Ridge Filler 3 Coats SinfulColors Mauve On Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line 1 Coat SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Hey there! It's been a little while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. Life happens, you know? Oddly enough, I didn't stop painting my nails during my hiatus. I kept taking pictures for a while, and then that just sort of stopped to. Weird how some habits die hard, while others don't change a bit.  Anyhoo... I found pictures of this mani in my files and couldn't believe I didn't share it! This was one of my favorite polishes last spring, and I recreated this exact seriotype/ a few times.  This mani started out with 3 fresh coats of Mauve On. I typically wrap my tips on the 2nd c

Fishbowl Friday 073 // Recreation

Every now and then, I enjoy looking back over past manicures. Creatively, it's just neat to see how far I've come since the days I started. Oddly enough, when I chose this prompt, I knew exactly which manicure I wanted to recreate. Based loosely on Fishbowl Friday 027 , today's seriotype nails are a RECREATION ...  Polishes Used: 1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler 3 Coats China Glaze Violet Vibes Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line SinfulShine Konstellation 2 Coats SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Looking back, I can honestly say that my seriotype game has come far since I first learned the method. One of the things that took me a while to master was the balance of nail polish finishes. While seriotypes made exclusively with creme polishes look cool, those made with a combination of different finishes really pop. There's more depth involved when you layer a metallic over a jelly neon and

Fishbowl Friday 072 // Hard Candy

We're going to skip that whole part where we talk about how it's been a while, because well, it's been a really long while. I'm still trying to work out how to make room for blogging and juggle everything else, and it's definitely been a challenge. But know that I am working on it, and I do really, really miss it. This place has been my Quantum of Solace for a long time, and I'm not planning on letting it go anytime soon. That being said... for this week's prompt, I was happily surprised when I pulled HARD CANDY . This is probably one of the most iconic brands of nail polish, and it's certainly gone through it's own number of changes throughout the years. Who didn't want to own a bottle of Sky once they saw it on Alicia Silverstone's nails way back in the 90's? Last year, Hard Candy celebrated their 20th anniversary by bringing back some of their most iconic shades. The collection was a mix of five original shades and three new ones.