Skip to main content

OPI Conquistadorable Color Accent Mani

Do you have a particular color that you overbuy? For me, I think raspberry pink cremes definitely fall into that category. I've got a million of them, but Conquistadorable Color by OPI was one of the firsts in my stash. For today's accent mani, I paired it with the multichrome flaky goodness that is Pahlish Gumdrop Rooftop layered over my favorite gold glitter, Zoya Tomoko.

OPI Conquistadorable Color Accent Nails

OPI Conquistadorable Color Accent Mani

OPI Conquistadorable Color Accent Nails

OPI Conquistadorable Color & Gold Accents

OPI Conquistadorable Color, Pahlish Gumdrop Rooftop, Zoya Tomoko

Polishes Used:

1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler
2 Coats OPI Conquistadorable Color
2 Coats Zoya Tomoko
2 Coats Pahlish Gumdrop Rooftop
1 Coat SinfulColors Clear Coat
1 Coat Seche Vite

If you haven't heard of this color, it's probably because it was part of OPI's Fall 2009 Collection... Coleccion de Espana. Around that time, I was buying a few OPI polishes here and there, but nothing to the extent of what I buy today!

In the photos, you can't really tell that this is a raspberry creme, and it's a true raspberry creme. My camera washed out all hints of blue undertones. Trust me, this is not that red in person! Two easy coats were all I needed, and I didn't have to shake or add thinner to this polish or anything. I can't say for sure that I bought it in 2009, but it was either 2010 or 2011 when I purchased this shade. My point is, that I've owned it for at least 5 years, and I saw no reason to pitch it! Went on smooth, didn't require lots of shaking, brush still works great, cap isn't gummed up, and it's still incredibly pigmented.

For my accents, I'm pretty sure I've done something similar before. Two coats of Gumdrop Rooftop over Zoya Tomoko add a little bit of interest and aid in smoothing out the textured gold glitter. I really need to find something similar in a super bright silver. I'm loving the shade of silver in Takko Lacquer Salient, but I missed the restock. Booooo.

Oddly enough, I haven't really been swooning feverishly over many polishes these days. We're kind of in that lull period between Holiday releases and Spring/Summer collections. I'm getting back into the bright polishes, but I'm also still enjoying vampy shades. 'Tis almost the season for red, pink, white, and hearts all over everything, but I'm a little meh this year when it comes to Valentine's Day. Mostly, I'm just ready for warm weather to come and send the dry skin/hangnail train on its way! I've had so many in the past few weeks, it's like a different finger every day!

What about you... how are you handling the cold? What colors are creeping into your polish routine? Let me know in the comments!

-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SinfulColors Mauve On Seriotype

Whether you call it a seriotype or smooshy... (I prefer seriotype) there is just something about this style of manicure that I can't get enough of.  Polishes Used:  1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Out Ridge Filler 3 Coats SinfulColors Mauve On Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line 1 Coat SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Hey there! It's been a little while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. Life happens, you know? Oddly enough, I didn't stop painting my nails during my hiatus. I kept taking pictures for a while, and then that just sort of stopped to. Weird how some habits die hard, while others don't change a bit.  Anyhoo... I found pictures of this mani in my files and couldn't believe I didn't share it! This was one of my favorite polishes last spring, and I recreated this exact seriotype/ a few times.  This mani started out with 3 fresh coats of Mauve On. I typically wrap my tips on the 2nd c

Fishbowl Friday 073 // Recreation

Every now and then, I enjoy looking back over past manicures. Creatively, it's just neat to see how far I've come since the days I started. Oddly enough, when I chose this prompt, I knew exactly which manicure I wanted to recreate. Based loosely on Fishbowl Friday 027 , today's seriotype nails are a RECREATION ...  Polishes Used: 1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler 3 Coats China Glaze Violet Vibes Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line SinfulShine Konstellation 2 Coats SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Looking back, I can honestly say that my seriotype game has come far since I first learned the method. One of the things that took me a while to master was the balance of nail polish finishes. While seriotypes made exclusively with creme polishes look cool, those made with a combination of different finishes really pop. There's more depth involved when you layer a metallic over a jelly neon and

Fishbowl Friday 072 // Hard Candy

We're going to skip that whole part where we talk about how it's been a while, because well, it's been a really long while. I'm still trying to work out how to make room for blogging and juggle everything else, and it's definitely been a challenge. But know that I am working on it, and I do really, really miss it. This place has been my Quantum of Solace for a long time, and I'm not planning on letting it go anytime soon. That being said... for this week's prompt, I was happily surprised when I pulled HARD CANDY . This is probably one of the most iconic brands of nail polish, and it's certainly gone through it's own number of changes throughout the years. Who didn't want to own a bottle of Sky once they saw it on Alicia Silverstone's nails way back in the 90's? Last year, Hard Candy celebrated their 20th anniversary by bringing back some of their most iconic shades. The collection was a mix of five original shades and three new ones.