Skip to main content

Hard Candy Spring 2014

While shopping at WalMart last weekend, I found quite a few new shades of polish in the Hard Candy display. Sadly, the display was pretty picked through (a common thing at the World o' Wally), and for whatever reason, I only took a shot of the row of new Pop Art polishes, not the entire display. *Denotes New Shades

Hard Candy Pop Art Collection

left to right: Pop-arazzi*, Mom & Pop*, King of Pop*, Pop Star*, Soda Pop*, Cherry Pop*, Ice Pop*, Pink Taffy, Gummy Green

Hard Candy Mom & Pop
Hard Candy Mom & Pop

Hard Candy King of Pop
Hard Candy King of Pop

Hard Candy Pop Star
Hard Candy Pop Star

Hard Candy Cherry Pop
Hard Candy Cherry Pop

Hard Candy Ice Pop
Hard Candy Ice Pop

So, Pop Art is the artist formerly known as Candy Sprinkles... Most of the Candy Sprinkles collection was discontinued, some polishes were moved to the Glitteratzi and and Crystal Confetti collections. In all, there are 11 new polishes, 5 of which I took bottle shots of, 6 of which I do not have pictures of, and at least 3 that were missing from the display, possibly more. I was a little laser-focused on the Pop Art collection. Oops!

But, thanks to G at Nouveau Cheap and this post, I was able to find the names and categories of the other new polishes, too. YAY!  

The New Spring 2014 Shades: Bachelor Party, Cherry Pop, Crush on Metal, Fairy Ball, Ice Pop, King of Pop, Mom & Pop, Pop Star, Pop-arazzi, Soda Pop, and Wedding Crasher.

Hard Candy is pretty regimented with their display, so when new shades come out... it means old shades are discontinued. This time around... 11 shades bit the dust to make room for the new Spring 2014 offerings.  If you spot any of these in the wild, I'd pick them up while they're still around!

Hard Candy Discontinued Spring 2014 Polishes

left to right: Glitter Jam, Tinsel Town, Sweet Tooth, Cotton Candy Pink, Jubilee, Party Lights, Fun N Festive, Pixie Pink, Crush on Tin, Sparkle City, Birthday Bash

Thanks to my generous mother, (who enables my polish habit and I looooove her soooo...) Cherry Pop and King of Pop are now official members of the Sparkle Stash. I definitely want to pick up Pop-arazzi, and Soda Pop looks like it would be great for patriotic holidays and such... :) And then there's Mom & Pop, which looks like a dead-on dupe for Milani Sugar Rush. I can't really say for sure because I don't own either. The mix of glitter reminds me of cole slaw and makes me hungry for salad, but I can't really say I'm lemming either one, you know? That salad on the other hand...

Have any of the new Hard Candy polishes made it to your wishlist?

Comments

  1. What polishes are you wearing? I love them! (I'm wearing Jubilee right now - googled swatches and found this post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, SinfulColors 24/7... a delicious hot pink!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SinfulColors Mauve On Seriotype

Whether you call it a seriotype or smooshy... (I prefer seriotype) there is just something about this style of manicure that I can't get enough of.  Polishes Used:  1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Out Ridge Filler 3 Coats SinfulColors Mauve On Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line 1 Coat SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Hey there! It's been a little while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. Life happens, you know? Oddly enough, I didn't stop painting my nails during my hiatus. I kept taking pictures for a while, and then that just sort of stopped to. Weird how some habits die hard, while others don't change a bit.  Anyhoo... I found pictures of this mani in my files and couldn't believe I didn't share it! This was one of my favorite polishes last spring, and I recreated this exact seriotype/ a few times.  This mani started out with 3 fresh coats of Mauve On. I typically wrap my tips on the 2nd c

Fishbowl Friday 073 // Recreation

Every now and then, I enjoy looking back over past manicures. Creatively, it's just neat to see how far I've come since the days I started. Oddly enough, when I chose this prompt, I knew exactly which manicure I wanted to recreate. Based loosely on Fishbowl Friday 027 , today's seriotype nails are a RECREATION ...  Polishes Used: 1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler 3 Coats China Glaze Violet Vibes Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line SinfulShine Konstellation 2 Coats SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Looking back, I can honestly say that my seriotype game has come far since I first learned the method. One of the things that took me a while to master was the balance of nail polish finishes. While seriotypes made exclusively with creme polishes look cool, those made with a combination of different finishes really pop. There's more depth involved when you layer a metallic over a jelly neon and

Fishbowl Friday 072 // Hard Candy

We're going to skip that whole part where we talk about how it's been a while, because well, it's been a really long while. I'm still trying to work out how to make room for blogging and juggle everything else, and it's definitely been a challenge. But know that I am working on it, and I do really, really miss it. This place has been my Quantum of Solace for a long time, and I'm not planning on letting it go anytime soon. That being said... for this week's prompt, I was happily surprised when I pulled HARD CANDY . This is probably one of the most iconic brands of nail polish, and it's certainly gone through it's own number of changes throughout the years. Who didn't want to own a bottle of Sky once they saw it on Alicia Silverstone's nails way back in the 90's? Last year, Hard Candy celebrated their 20th anniversary by bringing back some of their most iconic shades. The collection was a mix of five original shades and three new ones.