Skip to main content

12 Manicures of Christmas 03 // Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Gold over Pahlish Stopped Watch

Friday has finally arrived and is it just me, or did the world collectively sigh? This time of year is a little bit nuts. There's just so much to do on top of the normal routine! My 12 Manicures of Christmas series is now underway, so I'm just mixing in the Fishbowl Friday prompt like I did during the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge back in September.

Fishbowl Friday 057 is brought to you by the DELICATE prompt. Oddly enough, this one gave me trouble the past two years during the 31 Day Challenge, but throw in a Holiday theme and I know just what to do! 

Pahlish Stopped Watch Holiday Manicure

Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Gold over Pahlish Stopped Watch

Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Gold Holiday Nails

Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Gold over Pahlish Stopped Watch

Green and Gold Manicure

Green and Gold Holiday Manicure
Ornament made by Peanut <3

Polishes Used: 

1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler
4 Coats Pahlish Stopped Watch
2 Coats Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Gold
1 Coat Seche Vite

Did I mention that I re-organized my stash the other day? Peanut had a sleepover, so I embarked on the fun journey of switching all of my polish around. Previously, it was sorted by color. Now, it is sorted by brand, and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way. I definitely feel more organized. 

While I was moving things around, I came across my bottles of It's Real 18K Gold. One bottle is still in its box, proudly wearing the TJ Maxx sticker that reminds me how ah-mazing of a deal it was. The other, I've only used one time. I wish I could say that it was a singular sad case, but the truth is, there are so many untried polishes in my collection that it's not really funny. And also a lot of other ones that I've only used once. 

Since the Holidays are a time of glitter and sparkle, I pulled the bottle out and placed it on my nail desk to remind myself to use it. When the DELICATE prompt came along, I knew that I wanted to use It's Real 18K Gold, and figured out pretty quickly what I would layer it over. 

Back in October, I ordered the Pahlish Monthly Duo which included Autumn People and Stopped Watch. You've heard me talk about my affections for Autumn People, but it's time that I sang the praises of the other half of the Duo. Stopped Watch is a gorgeous dark green jelly polish. Now, when I first blogged about Stopped Watch, I said that "It's an almost-blackened olive jelly with super fine fuchsia, copper, and gold glitter running through it." 

And don't get me wrong, that's all still true. For the most part. I think I'd take out the almost blackened part, because Stopped Watch is definitely a polish that knows that it's green. It's not trying to be the color black. I don't know if I couldn't see it as clearly with Autumn People overtop of it? Wearing it with a more sparse glitter overtop of it has really made me appreciate the shade. There's no mistaking that it's green, and I love the way it looks in sunlight. 

Adding It's Real 18K Gold overtop? I'm seriouly in love! I remember being a little disappointed that the flakes in SOPI's version of this product weren't as big as some other brands. But I've come to appreciate the subtle way that they add shine to this manicure. Subtle and DELICATE, don't you think? 

We all talk about shopping our stashes more often, and I'm thinking that's something I really need to start actually doing. Not sure if it will be a series or just regular posts? If you've got any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments!

P.S. Just a little update... I only now realized that the actual prompt was ELEGANT, not DELICATE. Not sure how I managed to convince myself that's what it was, but let's just blame it on the eggnog, shall we? 

#fishbowlfriday

#12manicuresofchristmas



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SinfulColors Mauve On Seriotype

Whether you call it a seriotype or smooshy... (I prefer seriotype) there is just something about this style of manicure that I can't get enough of.  Polishes Used:  1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Out Ridge Filler 3 Coats SinfulColors Mauve On Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line 1 Coat SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Hey there! It's been a little while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. Life happens, you know? Oddly enough, I didn't stop painting my nails during my hiatus. I kept taking pictures for a while, and then that just sort of stopped to. Weird how some habits die hard, while others don't change a bit.  Anyhoo... I found pictures of this mani in my files and couldn't believe I didn't share it! This was one of my favorite polishes last spring, and I recreated this exact seriotype/ a few times.  This mani started out with 3 fresh coats of Mauve On. I typically wrap my tips on the 2nd c

Fishbowl Friday 073 // Recreation

Every now and then, I enjoy looking back over past manicures. Creatively, it's just neat to see how far I've come since the days I started. Oddly enough, when I chose this prompt, I knew exactly which manicure I wanted to recreate. Based loosely on Fishbowl Friday 027 , today's seriotype nails are a RECREATION ...  Polishes Used: 1 Coat Fingerpaints Smooth Over Ridge Filler 3 Coats China Glaze Violet Vibes Essie Leggy Legend Pahlish Autumn People Pure Ice Get in Line SinfulShine Konstellation 2 Coats SinfulColors Clear Coat 1 Coat Seche Vite Looking back, I can honestly say that my seriotype game has come far since I first learned the method. One of the things that took me a while to master was the balance of nail polish finishes. While seriotypes made exclusively with creme polishes look cool, those made with a combination of different finishes really pop. There's more depth involved when you layer a metallic over a jelly neon and

Fishbowl Friday 072 // Hard Candy

We're going to skip that whole part where we talk about how it's been a while, because well, it's been a really long while. I'm still trying to work out how to make room for blogging and juggle everything else, and it's definitely been a challenge. But know that I am working on it, and I do really, really miss it. This place has been my Quantum of Solace for a long time, and I'm not planning on letting it go anytime soon. That being said... for this week's prompt, I was happily surprised when I pulled HARD CANDY . This is probably one of the most iconic brands of nail polish, and it's certainly gone through it's own number of changes throughout the years. Who didn't want to own a bottle of Sky once they saw it on Alicia Silverstone's nails way back in the 90's? Last year, Hard Candy celebrated their 20th anniversary by bringing back some of their most iconic shades. The collection was a mix of five original shades and three new ones.